KAJA and Influenster sent me a complimentary highlighting product to try. As you can see from the title, I’ll be reviewing the KAJA Roller Glow Roll-On Highlighting Balm (I know, it’s a mouthful!). Before you read any further, here’s my disclaimer. Even though I was sent this product for trial purposes, free of charge, I was not paid nor instructed to say anything. All opinions are my own. Now that that’s out of the way, back to your regular scheduled programming!
I wanted to try this product specifically for its unique packaging and applicator– which you can see, resembles a painter’s roller brush.
Kaja currently only has one color released for this product, 01 Cosmic Laundry and retails for $28. I would describe the color as a pearlescent pink with a golden sheen. It has a creamy balm texture which transforms into a lightweight powder once it touches your skin. You can see the color swatches below on three different skin tones:
After trying the KAJA Roller Glow Roll-On Highlighting Balm for myself, here are my thoughts:
- The packaging is so cute and completely Instagrammable.
- This product gives you a nice sheen made from fine glitters
- It’s surprisingly not sticky!
- Buildable coverage, perfect for those who want a natural glow or to strobe like a disco ball.
- Comes with two rollers, in case one gets too dirty or you’re like me and lose things easily.
- The packaging is chunky and isn’t practical. It doesn’t allow my makeup bag to zip!
- The roller doesn’t pick up enough product. You really have to work the roller back and forth before you have enough product to apply. You’re better off using your own fingers if I’m being honest– it even warms up the product and makes it easier to blend.
- The color is pink. If you have redness, this color may be too much.
- The roller only allows you to swipe in a very straight line, you aren’t able to control exactly where the product goes.
- It can look like your face is greasy if you aren’t careful.
Overall, this product is really cute in theory, but it isn’t practical and I don’t think I would replace my powder highlighters with it. I still think it’s fun as hell and would use it if I ever needed a “cosmic glow” but otherwise, I’ll stick to my Dior highlighter. Thanks for reading, friends!